Personal information means information or an opinion about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable, whether true or not and whether in a material form or not.
How does the HR Dept Network collect personal information?
The HR Dept Network may collect personal information about you from several sources, including:
- Directly from you, for instance when you enter your information on a contact form on our website, or subscribe to one of our newsletters, or apply to work for us.
- By internal transfer within the HR Dept Network when information is received by any entity in the HR Dept Network where it is understood you have a legitimate interest in receiving services or information from another business within the HR Dept Network.
- From your company or employer, when it enters into a client agreement with a business in the HR Dept Network and provides information about you to that HR Dept Network business for the purposes of receiving HR services.
What sort of personal information is collected by the HR Dept Network?
We only collect personal information that is necessary to allow us to promote and deliver our services fairly and effectively.
This may include:
- Contact details, such as your name, phone number, address and email address.
- Information contained in any correspondence between us.
- In respect of individuals employed by one of our clients: information relating to your employment with our client that is relevant to the delivery of our services to our client.
- Where it is applicable to your employment with one of our clients, we may also collect sensitive information about you including your racial or ethnic origin, member of professional associations or unions, religious beliefs or affiliations, criminal record, and health information.
- In respect of individuals who apply to work for us: your contact details; information related to your previous employment including résumé, cover letter and previous work experience; results of assessments, background checks and tests; and any other information you provide to us in the course of the job application.
How can you access or amend personal information the HR Dept Network holds about you?
Under the Privacy Act, you have a right to ask for access to a copy of your personal information the HR Dept Network holds about you. You can also ask us to change or complete any inaccurate or incomplete personal information the HR Dept Network holds about you.
Why does the HR Dept Network collect personal information?
We collect personal information about you for several purposes depending on the context of the information and how it was collected. We will only use personal information for the purpose for which it was collected unless we believe you would expect us to use it for another purpose related to the purpose for which it was collected, or as otherwise permitted by law.
These purposes include:
- To analyse website usage so we can determine how we can make improvements and if you subscribe to our newsletter, to email you about other directly related products and services we think may be of interest to you based on our understanding of your legitimate interest.
- To personalise your repeat visits to our website.
- If you submit your information on a contact form with interest in accessing HR services through the HR Dept Network, we will pass on your information to one of our HR Dept Offices for them to get in touch with you.
- To survey contacts about activity directly related to our marketing activity, service delivery or directly related projects undertaken by us.
- To provide outsourced HR services to your company or employing company in line with client agreements made with an HR Dept Office.
- To provide you with information about our services. If you provide your contact information to us through this website, we would consider this to mean you have a legitimate interest in our services, and that you are happy to be contacted in relation to those services.
- For survey/research material relating to the HR Dept Network’s own services.
- To enable us to comply with our policies and procedures and enforce our legal rights, or to protect those rights of our employees and clients.
- To protect against fraud and other risks to our business.
- To assess a job application, you submit and assess any information you provide as part of that application.
We will not use your personal information for direct marketing if you only provide it to us in connection with a job application to work for us.
Can you opt-out of marketing?
The HR Dept Network does not wish to undertake marketing activity towards those who do not wish to receive it, and we will always comply with a request from you to opt-out of marketing.
- Use the ‘opt-out’ or ‘unsubscribe’ link in any HR Dept Network related marketing communication if you do not wish to be contacted with any such communications.
- Request directly by email to email@example.com if you do not wish to be contacted with any marketing communications.
Who else is your personal information shared with?
Where necessary, the HR Dept Network may disclose your personal information to third parties, including:
- Third party service providers which we use in order to facilitate marketing and surveys
- Third party service providers who we use in the course of delivery of our services, including data storage and processing facilities and CRM providers.
- If you fill in your details on a contact form with interest in accessing HR services through a HR Dept Network business, we shall pass on your personal information to a franchise business operating under license that is located closest to you or can appropriately service you, so that they may offer you their products and services.
- HR Dept Offices, to the extent necessary to provide you with the HR services you, your company or your employer has or have requested.
- Our professional advisors.
- Our insurance brokers, insurer and specialist employment law firm to manage policies, and support and/or defend any claims.
- If you are an employee or contractor or otherwise engaged by one of our clients, we may share your personal information with your employer or company.
- Third parties we engage to conduct background checks as part of the job application process
- Other third parties as expressly agreed with you, your company or your employer.
Is personal information likely to be disclosed outside Australia?
We are part of a global group and we use third party service providers located in other countries to help us run our business. It is likely that we will transfer personal information (including to store it) outside of Australia, including to the United Kingdom and Europe (including Germany).
How do we store personal information?
The information we collect is stored in secure cloud vaults. This includes SugarCRM, Microsoft, Google & Act-On. All information is stored in an encrypted form.
It is important that the personal information we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal information changes during your relationship with us.
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard internet log information and visitor behaviour information. This information is used to track visitor use of the website and to compile statistical reports on website activity. You can set your browser not to accept cookies using the following instructions, although in a few cases some of our website features may not function as a result. You can configure cookie settings in your browser’s settings.
Detailed step by step guidance on how to control and delete cookies is also available from www.aboutcookies.org.
How can you contact us or make a complaint?
We aim to deal with all complaints in a fair and efficient manner. After receiving a complaint, we may investigate the complaint by requesting further information from you and/or conducting internal discussions. We will notify you of the results of such investigation. If we conclude that our handling of your personal information is in breach of the Privacy Laws, we will remedy the breach as soon as reasonably practicable.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint about us to the Office of Australian Information Commissioner by calling 1300 363 992 or sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Looking for expert HR support?
We can help you focus on your business by taking care of all your human resources needs.
Let us know how we can help or ask about our free initial HR review.
Preventing People Problems
| Colman HR Pty Ltd ACN 627 947 264 trading as The HR Dept Eastern Suburbs Sydney ABN 43 627 947 264
Copyright © 2007 - 2020 HR Franchise Group Pty Ltd trading as The HR Dept Australia