Printer/ Print Production/ Finishing/ Graphic Design
MinutemanPress St Leonards
$45,000 – $59,999
Trades & Services Printing & Publishing Services
- Located close to St Leonards Train Station
- Interesting and varied role using latest technology digital equipment
- Concept and Design / Print Production and Finishing / Customer Engagement
Print Production / Graphic Designer for varied role in fast paced and growing MinutemanPress franchise on the Lower North Shore.
MinutemanPress St Leonards
MinutemanPress St Leonards is a growing family owned franchise business on the Lower North Shore. We specialise in small to medium print-runs for local business. Our focus on delivering service excellence to our customers is translating into exceptional business growth. We offer print services from initial concept through to graphic design and production using the latest graphics design software and high-quality print and finishing equipment. Our goal is to be recognised as the full-service print partner of choice for the Lower North Shore.
We are looking for a motivated, reliable and trustworthy person with experience working in a retail digital print shop. The successful candidate will be responsible for all aspects of operating our operating our digital press and ancillary services. As part of a small team you will be required to provide exceptional customer service, reception duties and general duties in the business. You must be a good organiser who can work independently, with minimal supervision. From time to time you may be the sole person within in the store whilst deliveries and other business is attended to.
Previous print industry experience is a requirement for the role.
Job tasks and responsibilities
- Understand, set-up and operate digital print equipment
- Complete set-up files for printing, colour calibrating, imposition.
- Prepare files for print production; checking fonts, links and colours, creating bleeds, crops, and imposing art when required
- Communicate courteously with customers to assist them with job creation.
- Review job specification from work orders and ensure that customer files are complete and accurate for job production.
- Complete bindery, cutting, folding and large format.
- Production of finished product, from digital presses to wide format printers.
- Working with and repairing PDF files
- Maintaining a clean and safe work environment.
Skills and experience
- Experience in a print manufacturing environment using an array of latest technology in digital and large format printing and print finishing.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite and CorelDraw software
- Excellent organization & communications skills (written and verbal)
- Excellent time management skills.
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks and aggressive daily deadlines with minimal supervision. Extraordinary attention to detail.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Desire to work in a hands-on print production environment.
- Willingness to help improve the quality and efficiency of the production process and adopt changes as required.
- Communicate courteously with customer to understand their needs and provide quality print solutions based on their budget expectations.
- Work both independently and as a member of a team, from conception to completion.
If you are the right candidate to join our team you will be rewarded with an excellent working environment and great variety in each days work.
If this sounds like you than please apply via Seek and include both your CV and specifically a cover letter outlining why you fit this role.
Please only apply if you have a valid working visa, Australian permanent resident or Australian Citizen
View job ad on SEEK: Print Production/ Finishing/ Graphic Design